PS3 Display Settings Reset
If you have replaced your Playstation 3 video cables or changed TVs, sometimes you’re left with a blank screenwhen you first turn your console on. This is a simple step by step guide on how to reset your PS3 video settings.
- Make sure your PS3 is powered down, if it’s on then turn it off first.
- Have your TV or monitor turned on and set to the proper input for your PS3
- Connect your Playstation 3 to your or TV with your new cables, either AV or
- Press and hold down the front power buttonon your PS3. You’ll hear the first beepwhen the console first turns on after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep. When you here the second beep let go of the button.
- After the beep, your Playstation 3 will reset its video output. Your PS3 system should now boot up and launch a screen to confirm your video and in turn will let you re-setup your display options. By default, the Playstation 3 will choose composite for Display output when you use the AV cable, change this in Settings > Display Settings > Video Output Settings
- If your system still is not displaying video rinse & repeat steps 1-5 again. Sometimes you may have to reset the video 3-4 times before it works although this is unusual.
- You should now have completed your PS3 display reset, resolving this issue and be back up and running as normal.